Paul Diaz grew up in Orlando. He attended culinary school in Florence, Italy for two years while also working, which allowed for him to both learn and perfect traditional as well as modern Italian cuisine. His work experience includes The Ritz Carlton in the US Virgin Islands, Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, the luxurious Resort at Pedregal in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, and The Madeline Hotel (formerly Capella Teluride) in Colorado. When time allows Chef Paul enjoys cooking at home with family and friends.
Chef Paul's Duck
- 2 Leg and thigh
- 1 bunch sage
- 1 bunch thyme
- ½ c tomato paste
- 1 c red wine
- 1 oz fresh garlic
- ½ gal vegetable stock
- 2 carrots
- 1 celery
- 1 onion
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 lb your favorite pasta
- In a large pan sear the duck hard then remove from pan.
- Add all vegetables and herbs, cook for 15 min.
- Replace duck into the pan, add tomato paste and red wine, cook for 5 min.
- Add the stock, turn your heat on low, cover the pot, and let cook for 2 hours. Check continuously to make sure its not burning on the bottom.
- When the duck starts falling off the bone, remove from pot and allow to cool.
- Strain and discard the veggies/herbs. Retain sauce.
- Pull all the meat off the bones and add it back to the retained sauce.
- Cook your favorite pasta, strain, and toss with with duck and sauce.
- Enjoy with fresh Parmesan and parsley.